March 29, 2011

March Dust it Off Challenge by Gemiel

 Reader Gemiel submitted this layout for the March Dust it Off Challenge. She said:


After a really hectic month, I’ve finally found the time to work on my Dust it Off Challenge layout.

Years ago, I belonged to a scrapbook kit club – Club Scrap. I stockpiled their kits for years, not using them because I was waiting for the “perfect photos” to showcase the beautiful papers. For this challenge I decided to dig into my stash and use one of the kits. The kit I chose was the Moody Blues kit from March 2002, perfect for this layout of Hurricane Katrina memorials that we saw during our trip to New Orleans. In addition to the kit, I used some silver pearls by Recollections and a circle punch, a tool I haven’t used in ages.

Gemiel Matthews

Now it's your turn to take the March Challenge. See all the details HERE!

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.

9 comments:

  1. Great job - this paper is perfect for these photos. So, you really were saving it for just the right pictures! And the pearls are just the right touch! Love the tile!

    Thanks for sharing with us here at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your title work! The kit and your photos complement each other perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I love your title!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your layout! Lovely colors. So great to get to use so many photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad your kit finally got to be used! I am sure you are too! I love the colors of your page. Now I need to go dig out my club scrap kit and the photos I need to print to go with it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gemiel...I too have a vast collection of Club Scrap PIzza boxes (2 months combined into 1 box), but I just checked and my kits are 04-07, so 2002?...you go girl. I think I may just dig out one of those boxes and dust it off too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors for the photos!! It feels good to use up stash, doesn't it?!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE those title letters! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those silver pearls are a great addition to your page!

    ReplyDelete