September 15, 2011

September Grid Challenge by Sally


Guest Design Team Member Sally submitted this layout for the September Grid Challenge.  She said:  I've attached my take on a grid. I placed my photos into a grid format this time.

When I heard we were going to be working with grids I have to be honest I was a little scared. But then I kept seeing different grids here and there and realized that there are so many variations on a grid. One of my main concerns is I'm a very assymetrical scrapper and with grids it's very balanced and symmetrical. Plus, I rarely print my photos tiny so I compromised and came up with this. I cut my photos to 4x4 and created a grid with them, mounting them on a sheet of cardstock to help them feel unified. To keep my layout from being too square I chose to tilt one of the squares of my grid. I used up some old stash on this project - the big circle paper and stripe is old SEI, the red background print is Bella Blvd, and the yellow lined for my journaling is October Afternoon. I had a good time with this challenge and just might be challenging myself to attempt another take on a grid as it was fun. Thanks for taking the time to look and have fun with this month's challenge!

Now it's your turn to take the September GRID Challenge. See all the details HERE!   

Be sure to scroll down the page - Scrap Our Stash posts something new everyday.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. Great layout Sally! You did a wonderful job on the Grid Challenge! I like how your photos line up in a grid but the journaling square is tilted. Very fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout! I like how you used square pictures and circle accents- makes for a very fun grid page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute page! I love the title! It's perfect. I also love that tilted journal block!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great grid! Love your paper strip/embellie border to the left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute layout, I love the variety of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful! I love the colors and your use of circles and squares.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this layout! Great design and love the choices of product you used. It's such a "happy" layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this bright colorful page. It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice and colorful page! I like that you unified the photos on the cardstock. And the tilted journaling breaks up the symmetrical lines. Great job!

    ReplyDelete