October 25, 2013

"Sun, Sand, and Smiles" Layout by DT Kerry

TGIF!!!!
Today's inspiration is a wonderful creation of DT Kerry, inspired by the
The blue splashes of watercolor paints are perfect with the ocean in the background of the photos and the splatters of yellow reminds you of the sun and fun!   
Not only did Kerry do well with the stash part of this challenge, check out her awesome stitch work:
Kerry shared this about her take on this month's Sketch with Stash Challenge:
"I loved this sketch from the go as it looked like I could have so much fun! 
As I have limited colours in my mist stash I decided to get out my trusty watercolour paints and splat the background with several colours to match the papers. 
I was pleased to see stitching on the sketch as this is my favourite technique at the moment and I came up with the idea to stitch some sequins in to the waves. 
The pre-made sequin starfish was one of only two I had left and luckily this one matched the colours of my layout!
I have used some American Crafts Thickers for the word 'Smiles' but I wanted smaller letters for the other words in my title so I reproduced the style onto some die-cut white letters and coloured them pink with Promarkers.
I will stop chatting now as I know you want to get started on this sketch challenge and I can't wait to see your interpretation. 
Happy Scrapping." xx

Okay by now, with all of the fantastic design team inspiration we have shared, if you haven't already completed and linked up your entry, you should be pumped to pull out your stash of paints, mists, etc and create a layout inspired by our October sketch!
Here is the sketch:
For complete details of the challenge, click HERE

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun layout! The photos are great, too!! Amazing job on the stitching! :) Evie

    ReplyDelete