July 1, 2014

Stash Challenge #16 ~ Let's Go Shopping!

Hello!!!
Today we are revealing 
Stash Challenge #16 
and introducing our July Guest Designer!!!

But first... 
We want to thank our July Sponsor
It's July and Queen Kat aka DT Kate Blue's birthday is this month and she is celebrating all month!
Celebrating means presents, so the Queen is sponsoring Scrap Our Stash this month and look what she is gifting our randomly drawn monthly winner:
All you have to do is complete one or both of our July challenges.  
You will earn an entry for each challenge completed.
Click HERE to visit Kate's Blog and leave her a Happy Birthday wish!

The Scrap Our Stash team wishes our fabulous team member, Kate Blue the best birthday ever!!!

And now for the challenge...
For this challenge we are going to shop our personal stash, we will not be taking a trip to our local scrapbooking stores.
Here's the rules:
From the shopping list below, shop for (5 or more) different items in your stash. 
 Create a layout and include those (5) items on your page. Each item will only count as one, for example: a wood veneer polaroid frame will only count as a frame or as wood veneer, you decide. If you choose arrows you must use (3) but it only counts as 1 of the 5 items on the list. 
*Make sure you include in your blog write up the (5) items you used, to be eligible for the monthly prize drawing. 

 You are allowed to add anything else you desire to complete your page!


Here is the shopping list:

Washi tape
Stars (3 or more)
Striped Paper (not lined)
Enamel Dots (3 or more)
Polaroid Frame
Buttons (3 or more)
Flag
Dimensional sticker
Paper Clip
Arrows (3 or more)
Wood Veneer
Journaling card
Sequins (3 or more)
Use (2) or more types of punches 
Die cut
Tags (2 or more)
Flair button
Rub On
Transparency
Flowers (3 or more)
Cork embellishment

One more important thing...click HERE for the SOS Challenge Guidelines!!! 
 Make sure to link your layout to Mr. Linky on our side bar.

We are thrilled to introduce our
July Guest Designer
Rachelle Olaridge
"Hi there. My name is Rachelle. 
I am a mother to 2 grown sons and grandmother to 2 beautiful grandchildren.
I was a 6th grade teacher for 7 years.  Now I am wheelchair bound and keeping busy is still my goal.
I started scrapbooking in 2008 when I viewed a friends work. My passion quickly turned into addiction for this type of artistry and I never looked back. I am very passionate about this hobby. It's not just about creating albums but it is a work of art. I love taking pictures to use to document life. Thus, here I am today enjoying my passion as therapy and inspiration to others. Now that I am wheelchair bound, each day is filled with being inspired, creating, providing inspiration through my work and treasuring the memories.
My obsession has expanded since 2009 for creating cards, tags, altered art work, mixed media, wood and canvas artwork. I love using a variety of techniques, elegant and fun elements. Yes, I do send out a few cards. My style has been described as detailed, beautiful, and multifaceted. My greatest strength is attention to detail. I like to take the viewer on a visual journey of my inspirational designs."
If you would like to see more of Rachelle's beautiful work, visit her blog:
Scrapbooking and Crafts ~ 24/7 * 365

Here's Rachelle's fabulous reveal inspired by the challenge:
This is what Rachelle shared about her page and the challenge:
"For this challenge I went with the shabby chic style layout. This delivers a softer and feminine look which highlights the picture. I used a generous amount of layering and pastel colors for inking and embellishments. With the final touches the layout came to the perfect height of inspiration.
I so enjoyed this challenge because I really needed to go through my stash and see what else I could go shopping for!"
Here are the items I found in my stash to complete the challenge:
Enamel dots (2 sets), Arrows, Wood Veneer, Journaling Card, Sequins (3), Flowers (3+)"

Thank you so much Rachelle for providing this beautiful inspiration and agreeing to be our July Guest Designer.   We are excited to have you design with our team this month!

So who's ready to shop their stash?   We are looking forward to seeing all of your creations inspired by this challenge!
You have until July 29th, 11:59 PM (PST) to link up your entry!

Have a great day and return tomorrow and see what one of our new Design Team members has created to inspire you and don't forget to grab our new fan blinkie!

19 comments:

  1. stunning layout Rachelle! Congrats on GDT!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of "shopping" my stash! So much fun!
    Rachelle created such a beautiful layout! I love the sweet picture and all her elements really do make for a lovely page! Congratulations to you for being the Guest Designer!
    Thanks so much for the challenge and the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great challenge-loved shopping in my scrapbooking room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all so much. I love this challenge and the fun on SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the idea of shopping my own stash and love the list you provided, gonna be fun. Welcome Rachelle love the layout you did so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to have you as our Guest Designer this month and what a fabulous take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the shopping challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous layout! I love your embellishing style. TFS and congrats on being GDT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that layout! I really enjoyed this shopping challenge, as I really NEED to use my stash as much as possible! I hope there will be more of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work Rachelle! Great challenge, at first I thought I had to go shopping at a store lol! So glad I could just "shop" at my own "store" because I definitely need to do so more often! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very fun challenge! Glad I found this site! :) Rachelle, I enjoyed visiting your site; your project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun challenge! I love having excuses to use up my stash! Just posted my LO!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a fun challenge! Another creative way to use up my stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have just submitted my layout for Challenge # 16.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad to have stumbled upon your challenge site! What a great concept! Need to use up our stash...to make room for new stuff of course!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the fun challenge. This might be a duplicate post, the first one disappeared when I published. I've tried to load my link, but Mr. Linky and I are not friends right now, so here is the link to my layout.

    http://feettouchbottom.blogspot.com/2014/07/so-happy.html

    (You know I'm sitting here laughing because my layout is about my last dog Billie who had a stubborn streak a mile long, just like Mr. Linky). Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I see I am now linked up, but it is to the wrong URL. The one posted above is correct to go with my posting, #39.

      Delete